cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling extension but want to call another extension

RyanLe
Newcomer
Newcomer

Employees from outside call an extension - no one answers and gets voicemail - anyway they can call another extension instead of leaving voicemail.?     old Avaya system use to be *T to get be able to call another extension 

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi ryanle,

Zoom phone has an option for users to allow callers to reach an operator or leave a voicemail when the user cannot answer a call.  If you select an auto receptionist as the ‘operator’, callers will have the usual auto receptionist option to dial any extension they want when the first extension does not answer.

Eliot_0-1717460698930.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Really looking for when you reach someone's voicemail and dont want to leave a message then you can go back to the IVR menu to dial another extension? 

Eliot

hi ryanle,

i tried my suggested set up and it appears to work as you want.  after the designated no answer time such as 15 seconds, the caller will be tranferred to extension's voicemail.  because the vm ivr is set up, zoom will ask caller, if the caller wants to leave a message, enter 1, if they want an operator, press 0.  if the caller enters 0, the call will be transferred to your selected auto receptionist.  the a/r will play message that caller can enter extension at any time. 

maybe you would like more than the existing two options of 1 for leaving voice mail or 0 for connect to operator and existing connect to operator options.  connect to operator options can be set to a user, a zoom room, a common area, a cisco/polycom room, an auto receptionist,  a call queue, a shared line group, or an external contact.  

thanks,  eliot