cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on Polycom VVX450 randomly disconnecting calls and Uploading 1 of 1 core files

FHMaurice
Newcomer
Newcomer

This appears to be happening only to my remote users and it has happened to me.  I was on a call and then wham, the phone went out and it took 10 minutes to reboot (no exaggeration for purposes of getting faster answers).  One of my teammates believes if there is a glitch in the Matrix (aka the wifi) goes out, then the phone restarts.  However, I have been able to disprove that since my phone is not using POE I simply pulled the ethernet cord, waited and then plugged it back in.  It did not reboot.  Is there a way for me to get a log of what is happening on the phone. I am an admin so I should be able to do most things but I don't know what I don't know.  Also, with that in mind, is there a way to make sure that updates don't get installed until say after 3:00 AM the next morning so that no one gets disconnected?  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  Oh and PS. I unplugged the phone just to see if there was really any updating to it and it took 10 minutes again stating Uploading 1 of 1 core files.

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi FHMaurice,

You can control what firmware version your phones use and when firmware updates occur.  This means that the phones will not update firmware automatically or the updating can be scheduled for non-working hours.  Please see zoom support articles.

Setting up firmware update rules - Zoom Support

Firmware Update Guidelines - Zoom Support

Zoom Phone firmware resync and Auto Pulling - Zoom Support

You can export logs from poly desk phones which can be analyzed by zoom support.

Exporting logs and config files (Poly) - Zoom Support

you can access the desk phone web interface using a hyperlink.  this is handy for troubleshooting.

Accessing the hyperlink of a desk phone - Zoom Support

What version of poly vvx 450 desk phones do you have?

VVX 250/350/450 come with two firmware versions depending on the hardware revision (Old or New). Please review the Poly Product Shipping Configuration Change Notice for more detailed information about new hardware revisions.

What firmware version(s) are you using?

Zoom Knowledge Article - Zoom Support 

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks, eliot