cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone SMS from the main number

Sunday3
Newcomer
Newcomer

This has been really frustrating, i keep on getting different answers for zoom support. What i wanna do is really simple and shouldn't be so complicating: I have a main number with an auto receptionist for my business. (Dial 1 for customer service, dial 2 for our hours and location etc.) and one user\ext. (me). I want to be able to send and receive SMS text messages. But because the number is the main company phone number i am unable to do so:(  Any help would be appreciated.  

3 REPLIES 3

TBSH
Newcomer
Newcomer

Have the same situation and an issue. Not sure how all other VIOP providers are able to have the main company number to be used for SMS. Zoom support, is this a limitation? 

kabirl
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have moved to zoom phone for about 3 years now and had that setup by a great implementation support tech. But last week something change on their end and now we are not able to do that. Our main number was used for auto receptionist and also for SMS for several users. But now it is not.

kabirl
Newcomer
Newcomer

So we did find the answer. If you go to your main auto receptionist and then go to policy and under SMS you can add people/extension that will get the SMS. Working for us now. Need to have PowerPack license for all users that need to get access to the main line SMS. Finally, it only allows up to 10 people.