cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warm Transfer vs Blind Transfer

factor110
Newcomer
Newcomer

We're new to Zoom phones, but I still feel this is going to be a stupid question. I am trying to find out how to do a warm transfer of a call rather than a cold transfer (that is, I want to be able to talk to the person I am transferring the call to before it's actually transferred). Everything I have read indicates you just hit transfer, the soft key for the party to transfer to, talk to them, then press transfer again to complete the transfer. My issue is as soon as I hit transfer and the party, it just transfers the call. There's no opportunity to talk to the transferred party first. What am I missing? BTW, our phones are Yealink T46S. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

factor110
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for the reply. I just figured this out. While I never saw this in any documentation, I ran across a setting in Yealink's web interface where it can be set what type of transfer is desired. I switched that to Assisted  Transfer and now it works as desired. Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, it can be found in Features > Transfer> Transfer Mode vis Dsskey.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @factor110. Transferring calls on a Desktop/Hardware Phone has a strong dependency with the Brand/Vendor. Zoom has a document that might give you some light about how to do it with the Yealink phones, and most likely Yealink Support must have a similar documentation about it.

From what I read, to do a Warm Transfer you hit "Transfer", then type the destination number and click "Send" to call the other party and be able to talk to them, and only after you are done is when you click "Transfer" again.

If you hit "Transfer" or  maybe "B Transfer" after typing the destination number, it will do an immediate (Blind) Transfer, which seems to be exactly what you are describing. Look the following link:

🌐 Quick start guide for Yealink T4/T5 series 

I hope this helps.

@Vinnie 

factor110
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for the reply. I just figured this out. While I never saw this in any documentation, I ran across a setting in Yealink's web interface where it can be set what type of transfer is desired. I switched that to Assisted  Transfer and now it works as desired. Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, it can be found in Features > Transfer> Transfer Mode vis Dsskey.