cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated 6/13: 10DLC Full Registration Enforcement Starting July 10, 2024.

CarlaA

Hello Zoom Community Members! 

I wanted to inform you about the 10DLC enforcement starting July 10, 2024.

All US and Canada toll and virtual service phone numbers used for SMS/MMS within both the Zoom Phone and Zoom Contact Center services must adhere to industry standards and legal requirements by being included in an approved 10DLC campaign to continue sending SMS/MMS. Failure to comply with this industry and legal requirement will result in the inability to send SMS/MMS messages.

The campaign registration checklist can be found here: Ensuring SMS/MMS 10DLC Campaign Compliance for Zoom Phone

You will no longer be able to send SMS/MMS if one of the below scenarios applies to you:

• If you are awaiting approval of an existing campaign and have not been able to assign numbers to a 10DLC campaign.
  • If you are trying to send messages from numbers that are not a part of an approved 10DLC campaign.
  • If you have acquired new numbers and not assigned them to a 10DLC campaign.
  • If you have not created your 10DLC brand and campaign.

To check the registration status of your phone numbers, access the Phone Numbers section of the Zoom Phone or Zoom Contact Center web portal and review the Messaging Verification Status. Any number that uses SMS/MMS will need to have the status of Verified on or before the July 10 deadline to continue using SMS/MMS.

Notes:

• Canada-to-Canada messaging will be exempted from this 10DLC requirement (however, regulations and requirements may be subject to change over time).
  • Canada-to-US messaging is included in the scope of the above requirement of 10DLC registration.

LEARN MORE: 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?
50 REPLIES 50

I just received the same. I do not have any such language on my site. 

Same here. This has been going on for month. Same boilerplate responses without any solution to fix.

I am sharing to try to help others! I am looking forward to the webinar today to see what else I can learn.  This is now the 5th rejection. Usually each time they come up with another reason or change things. This time it was the same reason about selling data, even though we added this to our privacy policy. I wish if they see something that we don't that they could just be more specific instead of making us guess! 

You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind. We do not sell or share customer lists and will not sell your name or any other data. We do not sell data we receive from you in any capacity.

Then just now, I got an email with another reason below. I don't know if that means they went back and read the privacy policy again and decided it is OK.  

Upstream CNP declined sharing request for campaign COQZAOE. Explanation: 19. You must ensure that the sample message contains your Brand name. Please ensure that the messages have sufficient detail. Message that are too short or that only say "REPLY STOP TO CANCEL" are not accepted

@jswright57 

We're sorry that you are currently experiencing issues with your campaign creation. Our team recently held a  Zoom 10DLC SMS Campaign Enforcement Webinar that goes over how to successfully submit your campaign as well as common rejection reasons and how to fix them- privacy being one of the most common.  I highly encourage you to view the recording here: Recording - Zoom 10DLC SMS Campaign Enforcement Webinar. It has some great tips and information. 

Please let me know how it goes and if you found it helpful! 

Thank you for your reply and the information. I did attend the webinar. It was a little quick and did not allow for many questions. I do appreciate that they shared a phone number to call if there are issues. I will see what happens with this most recent submission! 

abelincoln
Newcomer
Newcomer

Got it. We'll do that. 

On your end, any communication regarding where we are in the process would be tremendously helpful. 

I get the feeling that this is out of your (Zoom's) hands but since we don't have direct access to the 10DLC Warlord Bureaucracy, I don't think there's anything else for us to do other than ask for help from you. 

I appreciate your response and I'm glad to know this is a good place to get feedback. 

Abe

Customers can see the current status of their SMS Campaign in their admin portal under Advanced -> SMS Campaigns.  If you need assistance or further information, please open a ticket with support.

abelincoln
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is a quote directly from the first page of our privacy policy in bold font: 

"We do not sell or share customer lists and will not sell your name or any other data. We do not sell data we receive from you in any capacity."

We received this message in the 10DLC campaign dashboard on June 12th:

""Upstream CNP declined sharing request for campaign CH2CYYS. Explanation: /Your privacy policy mentions that you sell data"

What could possibly be the explanation for this? Why would Upstream CNP determine that we are selling data from our privacy policy when our privacy policy explicitly states that we do NOT sell client data? 

Help me Zoomiwan Kenobi! You're my only hope.

Abe

Same thing just happened to us. We have clear text in our privacy policy that we do NOT sell data.

Is anyone from the actual Zoom team able to assist here?

We updated our privacy policy page again to specifically say we do not sell data and once again after it was rejected yesterday. Today, I got the same rejection. If there is some wording that to them means this, they need to say what it is instead of just giving us the same canned response! I am about ready to go back to Verizon and use the Second Number plan. 

CarlaA

Hi everyone! 

With the upcoming enforcement date of July 10, 2024 to have an approved 10DLC campaign in order to continue sending SMS, we have put together this informational webinar for you with all the details and steps required to ensure your business has no SMS interruptions.

Session Agenda:

• What is 10DLC
  • How to submit a campaign
  • Actions needed
  • Timeline
  • What to do if your campaign is rejected
  • Top tips to avoid campaign rejection
  • Helpful resources

Watch the recorded session here: Recording - Zoom 10DLC SMS Campaign Enforcement Webinar 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?