cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Devices during phone call

Ejl
Explorer
Explorer

I would like to be able to “Call Flip” / pick up / move a live phone call to a different device seamlessly without having to put the call on hold, navigating to “lines”, then waiting for the transfer. I have demoed Teams phone and Dialpad and they show the live calls on the app Home Screen (and the desk phone with Dialpad) that you can just tap to instantly move the call with zero effort. 

Zoom offers this functionality for meetings, so why not offer it for phone too? We use the phone system all day long and it’s far more likely I have to get up and take a phone call with me rather than moving during a video meeting. 

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi ejl,

I have had a slightly different experience.

If you are on your desk top client using some other features such a team chat and a call comes in,   your screen automatically changes to Lines and the dial pad is displayed.  If you want to call flip, you press Hold on the desk top client dial pad.

Once the call is on hold, you can pick up the call on your desk phone or your mobile client.  On your desk phone, you press the slow blinking line key and the call is immediately flipped tp your desk phone.  On your mobile client, you press the "Phone On Hold” icon and the call is immediately flipped to your cell.

Please see zoom support article.

Using call flip

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064062

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Hi Eliot, thanks for taking the time to reply. I understand that you can place the call on hold and then move it (as stated in my opening sentence with the link), but this is not very intu1tive. I had to search the web to figure out how to do this. It would much easier and intu1tive for all phone users if you could move a live call without having to place it on hold, then navigate to the "lines" tab in the app, then move the call. 

The most common "real world" scenario is moving a call to my smart phone when leaving my desk OR moving the call to my desk phone or PC when getting back to the office.

I have used at least 2 other phone systems that just display a live call flip icon on the home screen when a call is in progress, just like you see when you are in a standard zoom video meeting. You can instantly and seamlessly move a zoom video call to a different device... It would be just as (if not more) beneficial for our team to have this same functionality with phone calls. It seems that the technology is there, just need to slightly change the behavior. I'm sure there's more that goes into it on the back end, but it would be a much appreciated feature. 

Thanks!

Green_711
Newcomer
Newcomer

Agreed! This is absolutely needed.
We switched from another softphone where there was a simple single button on the dial pad to change devices so that you can easily "switch call to this device" and move an active call from your desktop phone to the mobile app (or vice versa). I am going crazy without it.