cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead paging to multiple zones or selected zones

rosebrdw
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have integrated our analog overhead paging system (which has 7 analog amplifiers and multiple speakers throughout two buildings) with the Zoom phone system. We have connected the 7 amplifiers to one analog 8301 IP Paging Adapter. We currently enter one zone code to page all speakers . We would like to have the ability to separate the overhead paging to different zones (locations). We are not sure as to the best way to accomplish this. Do we buy additional Algo units or are there other types of units that would accomplish our goal? See the below goal and attached pic of the 7 amplifiers.

Our Goal:
  1. One overhead paging of combined zones (5 amplifiers) that cover 5 areas (zones) in the first floor of the main building .
  2. One overhead paging zone to page another building next door (one amplifier is connected to that zone/building).
  3. One overhead paging zone to page the upstairs of the main building (one amplifier is connected to that zone).
  4. One main overhead paging (combined) zone to page all amplifiers (all zones). Currently, the Algo 8301 covers all overhead speaker zones when we enter 7000 from any phone. The Algo is connected to a distribution adapter which is connected to all 7 amplifiers. 

Any assistance/advice is appreciated.

Dan Warren

4 REPLIES 4

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Dan, 

You should be able to do multi zones using the same adapter. Please reach out to https://www.algosolutions.com/contact-us/ to discuss your deployment questions.

ibzartist
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Dan,

I'm curious because I'm looking at a similar integration.  Did you talk to Algo support?  and how did you end up addressing this paging application?

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I think you can page multizones using multiple extensions or using dtmf to page a certain site. Please see algo user manual. 
https://www.algosolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/8301-User-Guide.pdf

thanks. Eliot

ZaireKenzo
Newcomer
Newcomer

@rosebrdw wrote:

We have integrated our analog overhead paging system (which has 7 analog amplifiers and multiple speakers throughout two buildings) with the Zoom phone system. We have connected the 7 amplifiers to one analog 8301 IP Paging Adapter. We currently enter one zone code to page all speakers . We would like to have the ability to separate the overhead paging to different zones (locations). We are not sure as to the best 50cc dirt bike way to accomplish this. Do we buy additional Algo units or are there other types of units that would accomplish our goal? See the below goal and attached pic of the 7 amplifiers.

Our Goal:
  1. One overhead paging of combined zones (5 amplifiers) that cover 5 areas (zones) in the first floor of the main building .
  2. One overhead paging zone to page another building next door (one amplifier is connected to that zone/building).
  3. One overhead paging zone to page the upstairs of the main building (one amplifier is connected to that zone).
  4. One main overhead paging (combined) zone to page all amplifiers (all zones). Currently, the Algo 8301 covers all overhead speaker zones when we enter 7000 from any phone. The Algo is connected to a distribution adapter which is connected to all 7 amplifiers. 

Any assistance/advice is appreciated.

Dan Warren

You can consider purchasing additional Algo 8301 units to create separate zones. Each Algo 8301 can be connected to a different set of amplifiers and speakers, allowing you to page specific zones individually. You would need to configure each Algo 8301 with a unique zone code, so you can page specific areas as needed. 
I answered this as per my understanding.