Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call from PSTN is sometime not arrived at Zoom client on Windows

32Tel
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Folks,

This issue appeared recently but not sure exactly when.

While I am testing Zoom phone with BYOC, I am having this issue where sometime incoming call from PSTN is not arrived at zoom client on windows10, but is arrived at zoom client on iPhone even these devices are under the same wifi AP. I am using the same zoom account on these devices.
I checked with our IT team if firewall software would block incoming call, but any firewall software is not running on the laptop. I also tried client on iphone where not under wifi but connects mobile network directly, the result is the same unfortunately.

Incoming call arrives after zoom client made a call, however suddenly the issue is back again.

Of course, I have already checked a syslog of SBC, there is no issue on the SBC.

Has anyone seen similar issue?

7 REPLIES 7

GT1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello, please ensure that the clients are on the latest version. If the issue persists with the latest client, please open a support case to investigate further.

32Tel
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello GT1!
Thanks for your advice. I confirmed both client's version are the version, 5.7.6. The Client on iPhone is 5.7.6 (1056), one on Windows is 5.7.6 (1055). After that I found the latest version for Windows is 5.7.7 (1105), so will try the same scenario again. Will update the result here shortly.

The issue is still existing unfortunately.

Are you using call queues?  If so is/are your users part of that?

Hi studyaid,

Thanks for your comment. I am not using a call queue but my account was a member of shared line. The issue still exists even I remove my account from the shared line.

aaroncoffman
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@32Tel

There could be a variety of things causing calls to not succeed.  I've included a few things to check below.  Before you do so, ask yourself:  When you place these calls and do not answer them, do they go to voicemail?  Do you have any issues with point-to-point (Zoom Phone to Zoom Phone) calls using the same DID?   

Here are a few things to take a look at:

1. Verify on your SBC you're not receiving any SIP errors such as 4xx or 5xx messages
  2. Ensure incoming calls are permitted on the BYOC number (within phone number management ensure the "incoming" box is checked on the DID) 
  3. Verify the business hours and call handling rules for the user or object to which the call is directed 
  4. (If this number is assigned to a user) Verify DND hasn't been set on any application or device (even at the OS level) 

If you've taken all of the above steps and are still encountering issues, please reach our to support or your account team for more assistance. 

Cheers, 

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your comments and advice.

Here are the answer.

When you place these calls and do not answer them, do they go to voicemail?

> No.

Do you have any issues with point-to-point (Zoom Phone to Zoom Phone) calls using the same DID?

>No. P2P call works fine.

Verify on your SBC you're not receiving any SIP errors such as 4xx or 5xx messages

> SBC didn't receive any error response since Zoom client on iPhone received a call.

Ensure incoming calls are permitted on the BYOC number (within phone number management ensure the "incoming" box is checked on the DID) 

>I am sure it is since zoom client on iphone with the same account and DID works fine.

Verify the business hours and call handling rules for the user or object to which the call is directed 

>Verified business hours. zoom client on iphone received a call from PSTN during business hours.

(If this number is assigned to a user) Verify DND hasn't been set on any application or device (even at the OS level) 

>I did not understand your question. Does it affect Zoom Phone? At this time, any other application has not been set my DID.

I have opened a ticket to support team. Will update here once we found the cause or a solution.

Thanks