cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get BOTH the 10 digit number AND the 4 digit extention to ring on multiple phones.

marvinj
Explorer
Explorer

I have a Call Queue setup so when someone dials Reception, it also rings on 2 other phones in case she is in one of those spaces instead of sitting at the front desk.  That works great when somebody dials the 10 digit number from outside the company. But if someone dials her 4 digit extention from withing the company, it only rings at the reception desk.  I also setup a Shared Line Group with the three phones and it still only works for the 10 digit number.  

Shouldn't the internal extention work as well as the 10 digit number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

If they are calling her extension directly, then Zoom Phone would not know that they should really be calling the call queue.  You can update the call handling for the receptionist's extension to forward to the call queue extension if she doesn't answer right away.  Would that meet your needs?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

colegs

@marvinj - When you say they are dialing her 4-digit extension, are they dialing her extension directly, or are they dialing the extension associated with the call queue?

marvinj
Explorer
Explorer

Her extention directly.  That is how I want it to work anyway.  I just tried the call queue extention and that does work.  But I need it to work with the actual extention.  Thanks.

colegs

If they are calling her extension directly, then Zoom Phone would not know that they should really be calling the call queue.  You can update the call handling for the receptionist's extension to forward to the call queue extension if she doesn't answer right away.  Would that meet your needs?

I did that and it is working successfully.  Dialing the 10-digit number rings every where and now when you dial the 4-digit extention, it rings at reception for 10 seconds and then rings everywhere for 30 seconds before going to voicemail.  That's a win in my book.  Thanks!

marvinj
Explorer
Explorer

I think it will.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks!