cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DST with existing Auto receptionist vs calls going to Country without DST

mnielsen
Newcomer
Newcomer

If my current Auto receptionist is set for GMT-5:00 (eastern) to roll at 2am and we have DST this weekend, will the Auto receptionist automatically know it is DST and calls will roll at 2am still or do I need to manually change the Auto receptionist to push to the call queues?

3 REPLIES 3

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @mnielsen ,

I have been managing Zoom Phone for a large university campus for the past 3 years. It has been my observation that Zoom Phone will automagically account for DST.

I have looked for any documentation that supports this and have even reached out to a few Zoom Phone engineers without any luck.  If I find anything more about this in the next 24 hours I will update this post.

So.. I wish I could tell you that it will 100% work and that at 2 AM your calls will roll as expected, but unfortunately all I can give you is a solid SHMAYBE ?!? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers!

Vinnie

Hello @mnielsen 

The answer is yes if you chose the correct GMT-5 Timezone in the configuration: Please notice there are multiple GMT-5 and depending of the "Location", you will find that some support DST and some don't. I.E. If you select "Bogota GMT-5 " or "Lima GMT-5", there will be no Daylight Savings change observed.

Make sure you have the correct "Time Zone" Location selected and you should be fine.

Regards,

Vinnie.

Bri
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @mnielsen ! Please check out the replies from @Vinnie and @newl (thank you Champions!) 🏆

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if you found them helpful 😎

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?