cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Waiting - Please make sense of this! 🙏

5star
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have several queues set up. I have "Receive calls while on a call" toggled on because I want users to be able to see if another call is coming in. It is completely interrupting the current call! It temporally disconnects the voice and sound...what kind of call waiting is this? Please tell me there is way to fix this.

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi 5star,

This feature seems to work as described in the support article.  You have three options when a new call comes in. 

1.  you can click skip and continue with your existing call.

2.  you can put the existing call on hold and accept the new call.

3.  you can end the existing call and accept the new call.

Receive new calls even on a call: Enable call notifications for call queue members even if they are in a call. The call notification will allow members to accept the inbound call, then end or hold the existing call. If this option is disabled, the call queue will skip members who are busy on a call.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0065370

Eliot_0-1710247867177.png

Eliot_1-1710248590520.png

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

Thank you, Eliot. The problem I am having is that the new call in interrupting the current call right away.

Eliot

hi 5star,

i am on zoom windows client 5.17.11.  i am calling with a tmobile cell phone and a magicjack voip phone into my main auto receptionist which forwards to my call queue.

when i am on a call with the first caller and a second call comes in, the screen with the three options pops up.  i can continue to talk with the first caller but i also hear ringing in the background (like call waiting).  the first caller does not hear the ringing similar to the way call waiting works.  if i want to get rid of the ringing in my ear, i just click Skip and the ringing stops.  of course, i have the other two options of putting the first call on hold and answering the second call or ending the first call and answering the second call.

Did my response answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

thanks,  eliot

5star
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using the assistant but have similar option. What doesn't make sense to me is that it will immediately stop communication from the first call. The ringing make senses but any conversation I am having is muted on both ends.

5star
Newcomer
Newcomer

I agree. Support said there was nothing they could do.