cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom video suddenly stopped working

santabarbara2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi I run Windows 10, multiple browsers and the zoom app. I use zoom most days for work. We use company zoom accounts. Today when I logged into an online zoom meeting as host  as I do every day, zoom said the virtual background could not be loaded and the result was my video was turned off by zoom. I had a grey screen with a camera logo with a line through it instead of my camera working as normal. I tried logging in from different browsers, same result except zoom didn't tell me the virtual background couldn't be loaded, it just disabled the camera. I tried different zoom accounts, I tried the zoom app. Same result. I checked the settings for both the app and the online zoom system and both systems had 'none' highlighted for a virtual background. Switched my computer off and on ... no change. Cleared cookies / cache - no joy. I tried zoom for one of the accounts on my iphone using the zoom app and it worked fine. The problem is with my computer. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Be sure you are using Zoom client 6.1.11 goto settings > background & effects > virtual backgrounds and select none to then go to settings > background & effects > video to see if the camera is visible. If it is then the admin of the account may have made changes. Using the browser version is not recommended because of all its limitations.