cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording a meeting

OldWriter
Explorer
Explorer

I will be joining a zoom meeting that someone else is hosting. Is there any way that I can record it?  Do they have to give me permission to do so?  

(I  know how to record when I host a meeting, but am wondering if I can record a meeting hosted by another person.)  Thank you for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @OldWriter.

You can record locally.  If the meeting host has enabled local recording for all attendees, you won't have to ask for permission.  Otherwise, you will.  Click the Record button, a pop-up will ask you if you want to request permission... the host will get a pop-up with your request, and can approve or deny it.  You can probably facilitate the process by asking for permission in advance.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @OldWriter.

You can record locally.  If the meeting host has enabled local recording for all attendees, you won't have to ask for permission.  Otherwise, you will.  Click the Record button, a pop-up will ask you if you want to request permission... the host will get a pop-up with your request, and can approve or deny it.  You can probably facilitate the process by asking for permission in advance.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

OldWriter
Explorer
Explorer

thank you!