cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

participants bypass waiting room

Parlem1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Even though waiting room is enabled in the account's settings, I find that participants join my meetings bypassing the waiting room altogether. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jdott16
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello   @Parlem1 

If waiting room is enabled at the account level, but is not locked, the next place to check is your personal settings to make sure that the waiting room is enabled. This allows you to have the option to add a waiting room to your meeting. You can check your PMI to make sure that it has Waiting Room checked when you schedule meetings utilizing your PMI, and you can also make sure that the option is checked when you schedule an automatically generated meeting. You can find out more about this feature here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059359

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jdott16
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello   @Parlem1 

If waiting room is enabled at the account level, but is not locked, the next place to check is your personal settings to make sure that the waiting room is enabled. This allows you to have the option to add a waiting room to your meeting. You can check your PMI to make sure that it has Waiting Room checked when you schedule meetings utilizing your PMI, and you can also make sure that the option is checked when you schedule an automatically generated meeting. You can find out more about this feature here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059359

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @Parlem1,

I marked @jdott16’s response as the accepted solution since they provided the steps to resolve the issue you were experiencing. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?