cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my pro plan just started timing out at 40 minutes

bob34
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have had a paid subscription (pro plan) for several years and for some reason the last two days I have received a message that pops up on my screen when I'm in the middle of a zoom call that my call is going to terminate in 10 minutes... for a total of a 40 minute call (just as if I were a "free" account holder) ... not sure why this began happening but need some help... I should not be receiving these messages and having my calls terminated....

4 REPLIES 4

aileenfelix
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi bob34 - For basic/free users, their meetings are limited to 40 minutes. Please see this support article for more information.

What I would recommend is to ensure you are logged-in with the correct username, or email address. If you are a Licensed user and you are receiving the notification, you may not be signed-in to the appropriate paid account. Please open up the Zoom client, sign out, and then sign in with the email that is associated with your paid account.

Please Note: If you are a Licensed user and you join a meeting hosted by a Basic user, the meeting will have a 40-minute restriction.

If you are the host of the meeting and you have confirmed that you are logged-in to the right email/username, please see next steps:

Admin/Owner of the Account: I would recommend that you reach-out to your Account Executive so he can confirm the status of your account. 

Regular User: Kindly reach-out to your Zoom Admin to ensure that you have a license assigned to your profile. 

I am the owner of the account, and I am having the same issue. I keep getting logged out even though I have a paid account.

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Aloha808,

Please do a clean uninstall of the Zoom app and reinstall the latest version. You may check out this article on uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Genesis17
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey bob34,

That sounds frustrating! Pro definitely shouldn't have a 40-minute limit. Have you tried restarting the Zoom app or signing out and back in to your account? Zoom support might also be able to help troubleshoot this. They're usually pretty quick! 😉