cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meeting turns off after idle time

meetinghost1213
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have upgraded my account so that I can have/host meeting for up to 23 hours a day.

Once I walk out of the physical office and the call is inactive or an hour or so, the meeting turns off and it tells me "the meeting has ended after 40 minutes idle time". I would like the meeting to keep running even when there is no movement or conversation as we would like to come back and continue. Please help. 

Idle time meaning that the call had no interation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There are definitely defined disconnect times for idle time.

If you have an open Zoom meeting  you may have run into a problem where the meeting automatically terminates after 40 minutes of inactivity. This is normal behavior, there is no way to override the behavior.

If you have a Zoom meeting open, but no one has joined the meeting, the meeting will stay open for 24 hours. If someone has joined the meeting and then left, the meeting will terminate after 40 minutes of no activity. The meeting will end 40 minutes later if no one else joins.  As long as there are others in the session, you will not have the issue. 

Understanding time limits for Zoom Meetings

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067966 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

meetinghost1213
Newcomer
Newcomer

please assist

Frank_TB

Hello,

There are definitely defined disconnect times for idle time.

If you have an open Zoom meeting  you may have run into a problem where the meeting automatically terminates after 40 minutes of inactivity. This is normal behavior, there is no way to override the behavior.

If you have a Zoom meeting open, but no one has joined the meeting, the meeting will stay open for 24 hours. If someone has joined the meeting and then left, the meeting will terminate after 40 minutes of no activity. The meeting will end 40 minutes later if no one else joins.  As long as there are others in the session, you will not have the issue. 

Understanding time limits for Zoom Meetings

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067966 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi @meetinghost1213 ! I have reviewed your post and @Frank_TB (thank you! 🏆) has provided the solution, so I've gone ahead and marked it as an accepted solution. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?