cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad screen sharing via Airplay still not working

maczoomface
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posting this as an update to an apparent ongoing issue. Other threads are from last year or marked as "solved".

I am using fully updated MacOS Sonoma on an M3 MacBookPro and fully updated iOS 17 on an iPadPro. MacBook and iPad are on the same sub-net with the same router: screen sharing invoked by selecting "iPad via AirPlay" (i.e. wireless connection) does not work. I do not see the "Zoom" option in the iPad Screen Mirroring options (well I actually saw it once or twice briefly but it promptly disappeared). Strangely, if I connect via a USB-C cable it does work and the Zoom option is available as a mirroring selection. If I disconnect the cable while sharing the screen, I see a static image of the iPad (but no error from Zoom), indicating that it is using the wired connection. Screen sharing in Zoom also works if I select "iPad via cable".

Following previous posts on this forum I have Stage Manager disabled and the AirPlay Receiver option was never enabled.

I am not sure when this stopped working (I made the leap from Mojave to Sonoma) but I used it often in the past. 

1 REPLY 1

maczoomface
Newcomer
Newcomer

It is now working for me. There was an iPadOS update, to 17.4, and a Zoom update, to 5.17.11.31580. One or both did the trick.