cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad app chat no longer stays open on side

ianwass
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi! I use zoom for my language class online. A great feature was that I could keep the chat open on the side, which the teacher uses to write sentences down, while also still seeing the face of the teacher. Now, with the latest update (version 6.1.0), I can no longer keep the chat on the side. Instead, the chat window opens in front of everyone’s faces, blocking their view. I have to dismiss the chat in order to see the teacher and my classmates. I am really not happy with this update.

Also, when I use stage manager, if the presenter is sharing their screen, at any window size that isn’t full screen, it hides the view of the group/teacher. I also can not choose to manually zoom in to see the content on the screen anymore if the text is tiny.

It really feels like the latest update has bricked a lot of the experience for iPad users, and I am wondering if others feel the same. I would like these features that were native in the old version to be restored so that Zoom can remain an excellent teaching tool.

2 REPLIES 2

Scaupnyc
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the exact problem….saying this so zoom knows it is not isolated. So unhappy about this change. 

WMASS
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same problem with an online language class. Chat window in center of iPad screen interferes with conversation and comprehension. A terrible change