cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host key

MIS1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am trying to give a host key that was given to someone as a basic user.  I am trying to set it up so that one of my members can get into the zoom room with a host key so I do not have to be the only one to start it.  Room is open all the time.  meetings are at certain times but not scheduled in the zoom account.   i open the room so they can host a meeting.  The reason for this is because we do not have to have a different ID number for each meeting scheduled.  

Question: 

1. Can another member get into the licensed account as a basic user using the host key with out a scheduled meeting?

2.  If I have to schedule a meeting for another basic member to use a host key, is there a way to change the ID to the licensed ID# so we all use the same ID#?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @MIS1.  Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

Please see this Zoom Support article regarding Host Key for detailed info:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key

Question 1: Anyone (Basic or Licensed) with the Host Key can claim host after entering the room, if the meeting-owner host is not present.  The meeting must be set for "Join before host" and NOT set with "Waiting Room".

Question 2: I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  One Meeting ID can only open one meeting.

Note that anyone with the Host Key can open any meeting of yours if they know the meeting ID and the meeting is set properly (Join before host enabled, Waiting Room disabled).

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !