cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cloud recording deleted although I am paying for extra storage

ISTF
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi - I am paying for up to 30 GB per month for extra cloud storage, but I find that a recording of a meeting from May has been deleted by Zoom. Any suggestions? This is so unfair! 
Thanks for any ideas.

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

@ISTF - If it was deleted in the past 30 days, you can go into the trash folder of your recordings and restore it.  

colegs_0-1723390683365.png

Meanwhile, verify in your recording settings that you do not have it set to automatically delete your recordings after a specified number of days.

colegs_1-1723390769553.png

bhushan_lilapra
Newcomer
Newcomer

Losing important Zoom recordings can be really tough! I always recommend backing up your Zoom recordings to another cloud service, like Google Drive or Dropbox, depending on what works best for you.

Recently, I helped a client transfer five years’ worth of Zoom recordings to Google Drive. Not only did this secure their data, but it also saved them a significant amount on Zoom cloud storage costs. If you’re thinking about backing up your past recordings to a different cloud service, I’d be happy to share some tips!

Backing up is always a good idea. This can be automated using APIs. There is also a Zoom app, Salepager, for bulk downloading Zoom cloud recordings.

I agree with your point. These days, there are numerous apps available that can perform automatic backups of data, and most of them include the ability to back up ongoing recordings.

However, for past recordings, a different approach will need to be taken.