cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't change my screen name (rename) when logged into group account

joekmoch
Newcomer
Newcomer

When I am logged into our group Zoom account, I cannot change the screen name from the group name to my name.  This is true whether or not I am running (hosting) the meeting.  If I am logged into my personal account (which is at the free level), I have no problem seeing the option to rename my screen.  I think I can enter the profile of the group account and change it there, but then anyone else from our group using that Zoom account would see my name there.  Is there a way to rename my screen (whether i host the meeting or not, any of the participants can change their name, only I cannot).  TIA

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Prohibition on Sharing. You may not share an account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, unless otherwise expressly pre-approved by Zoom in writing.

You may not share any login credentials or passwords regarding the foregoing with any other individual. You acknowledge that sharing of any such rights is strictly prohibited.

Your right to use or access the Services and Software is personal to you and not assignable or transferable. You may not assign or transfer any account, Host rights, or any other user rights with any other individual, except upon (i) an individual termination of employment or relationship with their employer, as applicable, or (ii) Zoom’s prior express written approval.“

https://www.zoom.com/en/trust/terms/ 

Sharing an account the way you suggest is not allowed under the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thank you (I guess) for your reply - I'm talking about a Zoom account that our organization has purchased.  Our organization has 4 executive officers of which I'm one - we each have subcommittees that we call meetings for.  We are not in violation of any sharing agreement.  However, we would like to be able to change the name of our screen when we use it. I'm the treasurer and I set up our organization's access. I still don't now what limitations there are to renaming other than the switch under account settings/manage  that I have already mentioned is turned on.  When I host a meeting other participants can change their name but I can only leave it on my organization's name.  Can you help with this? 

KhatC
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi @joekmoch, welcome to Zoom Community! You may have the renaming option turned off in your settings. To review this, sign in to zoom.us then go to Personal > Settings > Meeting > In Meeting (Basic) > Allow participants to rename themselves. If the setting is disabled and even locked, reach out to your group's Zoom admin so they can review your group's account settings. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response.  The option to Allow participation to rename themselves is indeed enabled.  Others can change their name.  I as the host am not able to.  In fact, in other meetings when I am logged in to my personal account, if I click on the name that appears (my name), it gives me several options one of which is rename.  When I am logged into my orgs account, I don't even get those options - there is no popup menu.  There must be some other setting among the many that is disabling renaming for me that I am not seeing.