Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom video recording sped up

mk0218
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello,

I recently recorded a 3 hour zoom meeting to my local PC, and the recording converted normally. 

When I check the converted file, it's only 30 minutes long... it turns out that the first 8 minutes of the meeting were recorded normally, and the remainder duration was compressed and sped up very, very fast, to result in such a short recording.

I have looked at older discussions reporting a similar issue, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I also tried the "Double click" to convert it a second time, but it again produced a 30 minute recording with the same issue, which leads me to believe the file was corrupted.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening again? Thank you for any insight. 

5 REPLIES 5

dkort6
Newcomer
Newcomer

This just happened to a colleague and I am looking for insight as well.

AllisonMc1
Newcomer
Newcomer

We just had a meeting record at high speed as well.  1 hr 22 minute meeting recorded in 38 minutes.

Did you end up resolving this in anyway...  I realize your post is almost a year old.

isabellameier
Newcomer
Newcomer

This has happened to us multiple times now. Just happened again on an hour long live webinar recording

llw22
Newcomer
Newcomer

Any way to solve this? I've got a three hour recording condensed to 20minutes and after 50 seconds I can't understand anything! 

AllisonMc1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was never able to fix the recording...  the only thing we have noticed is that this was one of the few recordings done to a local pc, all others went to the cloud and were downloaded.  Don't know if that has much to do with it, but we are only going to the cloud for the time being.