cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom taking 5+ minutes to join meetings + allow me to join audio

StuckinLimbo
Newcomer
Newcomer

This month, the Zoom desktop app has been taking forever to join meetings and then allow me to join audio, meaning I miss the first 5-7 minutes of meetings I try to join. 

A workaround I've found is using the Zoom app on my phone to join (I am not having the same issues there) until my desktop connects, and then switching but this is still an issue if I need to share my screen. 

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom app on desktop on my laptop (PC, Lenovo Thinkpad). And am having the same issues. 

Has anyone experienced this and found a resolution?

15 REPLIES 15

EmiliaCa
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello! I'm having the same issue, I've re installed multiple times, turned off the HD functions for video but still joining any meeting takes +5 minutes. Using Zoom Version: 6.1.0 (41135) 

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there,

Welcome to the Zoom Community and thank you for your contribution.

I'm sorry for the late response. Please update your Zoom App to the latest version 6.1.1 and follow the steps on this article in troubleshooting your audio issues. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

mscofield4
Explorer
Explorer

I'm having this same issue.  Works perfectly well once I get into a meeting but takes 5+ minutes for the meeting to come up after I clicked the link.  I'm on win11 pro and running version 6.1.6 of the zoom client.  Please advise.  This is really getting in the way of daily business activities

MGSR

Hi @mscofield4 

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Kindly update your device drivers as well, especially the graphics card (GPU). 

Let me know if this solves your issue or if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

I've done this but I dont believe the issue has been corrected.  I tried to simply access the application settings and it took a similar amount of time before that window came up.  I am on a brand new PC running windows 11 pro, AMD Ryzen 7 pro processor, Radeon 780M graphics card, and 32GB of RAM.  All of my drivers, firmware, and BIOS are fully up to date.

even selection options in the settings window, video for instance, puts the application into a not responding state

MGSR

Thank you for the response. Have you tried clean uninstalling, and reinstalling Zoom? You may check out this article on how to. Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

I have tried uninstalling it a couple times but I wasnt aware of clean zoom.  I will try that and respond back

any other options for me to try?  This is really a problem for me

I installed 6.1.10 today and still having the same issue.  Please advise

MGSR

Hello @mscofield4,

I'm sorry for the late response. Can you verify if you are connected to a VPN when connecting to a meeting?

Mark
Zoom Community Team

I am not connected to a VPN.  I'm on the internal network and nobody else is having this issue.

mscofield4
Explorer
Explorer

ok, I uninstalled and ran clean zoom. the application still behaves the same after a fresh install

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hello @mscofield4

I DM'd you so that I can get some more information about this issue and check on the backend to see if I can find the issue here. I hope that you do not mind. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I responded to your DM