cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on 2 computers

michael_888
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi there, I have Zoom on my work computer as well as on my work laptop. Whenever I log into Zoom on one machine, it automatically logs me out on the other machine. Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

AlexWhales
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello!

It sounds like you're experiencing Zoom's single sign-on feature, which logs you out of other devices when you sign in on a new one. Unfortunately, Zoom currently doesn't support being logged in on multiple devices simultaneously with the same account.

However, there are a couple of ways you can work around this:

1. Use Different Accounts: If possible, you could use a different Zoom account on each device. This could be a work account on one and a personal account on the other, though this might not be ideal depending on your needs.

2. Browser Option: Instead of using the Zoom app on one of your devices, try logging into Zoom through a web browser on that device. This way, you can stay logged in on your main device and still access Zoom on the other.

3. Switch Devices as Needed: If you need to switch between devices, you can manually log back into the other device when needed. While not seamless, this ensures you’re using the same account without interruptions.

I understand this isn’t the most convenient, but I hope these options help you find a workaround that suits your needs! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Best of luck!

zaki_1
Participant
Participant

Hi

By default, users can be signed in to Zoom on 1 desktop computer, 1 tablet, and 1 mobile device at a time. If you sign in to a device while logged in to another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device.

Admins on eligible accounts can increase this limit for users on their account, allowing users to be signed in to 2-5 devices of the same type concurrently. For example, if you allow users to sign in to 2 devices of the same type concurrently, they will be able to sign in to a maximum of 2 desktop computers, 2 tablets, and 2 mobile devices at the same time.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066990#:~:text=If%20you%20sign%20...