cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not syncing anymore with my Apple Calendar

RH1656
Newcomer
Newcomer

In the past my Zoom account when I create meetings automatically populate my Apple Calendar, this no longer works. I have tried calendar choices but gives Sign in with google or Microsoft, nothing to do with Apple Mail. I have tried my gmail account through sign in with Google but still does not appear. Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN

Hi @RH1656 @JohnW-2020 you still have the ability to export the scheduled meeting; however, you will need to schedule this meeting from the Zoom Desktop client; rather than the Web Portal. 

From the Zoom desktop client 'Home' tab, you click on 'schedule'. 

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 8.54.11 AM.png

  From the Scheduler window in the Zoom desktop client, click on 'more options'

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 8.54.30 AM.png

*scroll down* and you will see you have the ability to Export Calendar, checking 'Use an external Calendar', from there you can select the calendar you'd like to export the invite to; and in your case, this would be iCal.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 8.54.42 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JohnW-2020
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have this problem too.  Why has Apple calendar been removed and only Microsoft and Google calendars are now supported?  Why does Zoom now automatically open Outlook, an app I do not wish to use at all?   Please restore the functionality I needed or advise me how to revert to the previous version of Zoom that worked fine for me.

JohnW-2020
Newcomer
Newcomer

Apple has simply been removed from the options.  Why?  How is that an improvement?   I do not use and do not wish to use Microsoft Office.   I now find that it is impossible to give feedback or register a complaint.  This is simply unacceptable.

RN

Hi @RH1656 @JohnW-2020 you still have the ability to export the scheduled meeting; however, you will need to schedule this meeting from the Zoom Desktop client; rather than the Web Portal. 

From the Zoom desktop client 'Home' tab, you click on 'schedule'. 

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 8.54.11 AM.png

  From the Scheduler window in the Zoom desktop client, click on 'more options'

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 8.54.30 AM.png

*scroll down* and you will see you have the ability to Export Calendar, checking 'Use an external Calendar', from there you can select the calendar you'd like to export the invite to; and in your case, this would be iCal.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 8.54.42 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN

@RH1656 @JohnW-2020 if you're using Using calendar and contacts integration, iCal is not available for this integration only Google Calendar, Office 365, and Exchange.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN

It is totally unacceptable not to have integration with Apple calendar or try to force users to change to your email-integrated calendar. We are also not interested in a Microsoft integration. Interesting that they your competitor and Apple is not. This needs to be fixed or you will be loosing customers. Zoom has always been  used by us as it is convenient and easy to use with excellent features. At this point your workaround is a joke. I cannot immediately see what my schedule is in the app. Also having upgrade issues with some of our users. Very disappointing. 

JohnW-2020
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks, I still don't really understand this but I have found the way to link to ical instead of Outlook and am happy about that

HJoel
Newcomer
Newcomer

With the new upgrade to Zoom Workplace, Is there a way to always DEFAULT to always syncing newly schedulied meetings with my icalendar, (like I have for years!) rather than have to click "More" and Export every single new zoom mtg to my "external" icalendar. This is a big hassle.  thx!!