cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom freezes when in a meeting

Raul1726
Newcomer
Newcomer

My zoom screen freezes and it needs to be restarted always to continue with the meeting. but the confusion is that the zoom is freezing in my Pc with a ryzen 9 5900x 128GB ram connected via LAN cable and the zoom doesn't not freeze when using the lower end laptop connected via wifi to the same internet connection. so i am not able to understand the actual issue with the app.

kindly help me with the issue its effecting my work drastically.

13 REPLIES 13

MGSR

Hi @Raul1726 

May we suggest to update your PCs drivers and reinstalling zoom with the latest version.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Dear sir

i have checked the graphic card driver along with the drivers mentioned in Device manager all seem to be up to date. If there is any particular driver that you to specify then pls do so that i can update that and revert.

and i have been updating the zoom app to the latest version since long and in every version there is the same issue. 

some times the meeting session lasts for 2 hours and sometimes the session freezes in 10 min. during that there is no spike in CPU or RAM usage so i fail to understand the reason. 

kindly suggest

Hi @Raul1726 

Can you kindly confirm what OS you are using, the zoom version you have installed if it its 32bit or 64bit, and if you are screen sharing when it freezes?

hi @MGSR 

I am using Windows 11 and it used to freeze in windows 10 as well. 64 but system
My Zoom version is 6.0.3 (37634) but it used freeze in previous versions as well

no it is not specific to screen sharing. it freeze anytime in the long meeting. even if i am just listening with my video off. it freeze inconsistently like in 10 or in 2 hours.

kindly suggest.

dear @MGSR 

kindly reply on priority as today again the zoom screen froze during a session 

Hello @Raul1726 

As we have exhausted the troubleshooting steps for you and your computer should have more than enough power to run Zoom without a problem, we would advise clearing your cache and using the Web Version as a workaround. 

ok @MGSR 

can you tell me what is the internet requirement to run Zoom meeting in every aspects on 2 desktop/ laptops

currently i am having a 50Mbps speed internet.

i am asking this for future understanding and ref. and also to see if net is the issues for the freezing issue 

The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participant‘s’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3/4/5G, WiFi, or wired networks.

Recommended bandwidth for meetings and webinar panelists:

• For 1:1 video calling:
    • For high-quality video: 600kbps (up/down)
    • For 720p HD video: 1.2Mbps (up/down)
    • For 1080p HD video: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down)
  • For group video calling:
    • For high-quality video: 1.0 Mbps/600kbps (up/down)
    • For 720p HD video: 2.6Mbps/1.8Mbps (up/down)
    • For 1080p HD video: 3.8Mbps/3.0Mbps (up/down)
    • For gallery view receiving: 2.0Mbps (25 views), 4.0Mbps (49 views)
  • For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps
  • For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps
  • For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
  • For Zoom Phone: 60-100kbps

Recommended bandwidth for webinar attendees:

• For panelists video on:
    • ~600kbps (down) for high-quality video
    • ~1.2-1.8Mbps (down) for 720p HD video
    • ~2-3Mbps (down) for 1080p HD video
  • For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps (down)
  • For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps (down)
  • For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps (down)

hey @MGSR 

thanks for the information.

just a last query is there any means to check the internet stability or see if its the network that is causing issues.

also can a internet cause freezing issue?

@MGSR can you provide a reply to this discussion. 

i am requesting as i am not able to rely on zoom for my important meetings and i am always in a worried state during on going meetings

kindly revert back any method to test a way to find the issue or any option to find a solution

matter is most urgent

j'ai exactement le même problème sur 2 pc et j'ai fait pas mal de mise à niveau mes c'est toujours pareils.

I have exactly the same problem on 2 PCs and I've done quite a few upgrades but it's still the same.

Dear @MGSR 

can anyone provide any solution or a way to check the issue as this is going on for a very long time and is starting to irritate me now

kindly respond.

Raul1726
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dear sir,

i have checked the graphic card driver along with the drivers mentioned in Device manager all seem to be up to date. If there is any particular driver that you to specify then pls do so that i can update that and revert.

and i have been updating the zoom app to the latest version since long and in every version there is the same issue. 

some times the meeting session lasts for 2 hours and sometimes the session freezes in 10 min. during that there is no spike in CPU or RAM usage so i fail to understand the reason. 

kindly suggest