cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom captions not showing up on recorded video

amathew94
Newcomer
Newcomer

Does anyone know how to embed captions into the zoom recordings, for lectures? The transcript setting is enabled, but when I view the recording of the video, it does not show up. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @amathew94 --

You might have searched for "captions for recordings"... and that's what I did first too, with no results.  Then I substituted "transcription" for "caption"... ta-da! 

Take a look at this Zoom Support article on transcriptions for cloud recordings:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Audio-transcription-for-cloud-recordings 

Hopefully something in there unlocks the secret for you.  Seems like clicking a CC button should do the trick.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

IJC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I am having a similar problem but the solution provided does not work for me I am afraid as I need to embed the closed captions as the subtitles before sending out a recording. The auto-transcription does not understand the speaker's accent or speech pattern and produces gobbledygook. I have therefore typed closed captions live and saved both the video recording and the closed caption file. 

The video has then been trimmed and I have edited the closed caption file to match. I can re-play the video myself and manually add the correct subtitle file but need to send out the video complete with subtitles - I don't want the audience to have to manually add the subtitles themselves.

Can anyone please advise on how to save the subtitles to the video once added?

Many thanks.

trainer
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was having the same problem.  Turns out you have to choose "Record to the Cloud" in order to see the captioning in the video.  I had been recording locally on my computer and captions were not showing.

BrianRoberts
Newcomer
Newcomer

I had this issue with a locally recorded meeting when played in Windows Media Player, but when I opened with VLC it recognized the captions. Hopefully that helps