cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Slow to Open a Meeting Link or Start a new Meeting

David_Nicholls
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am hoping that someone might be able to shine a light on an issue one of our users has with Zoom with Starting or Joining a meeting.

Currently we have a user having an issue with Zoom taking upwards of two minutes to either Join or Create a new meeting at best it takes a few minutes but at worst it can take closer to 15minutes for this user device to connect to a Zoom meeting link they have been sent or even start a New meeting themselves.

Currently they are on Zoom (64bit) Version 6.1.10 and their device is running Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 (Build 22631.4037).

The hardware is a Lenovo ThinkPad 16s Pro Gen2 with a AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 7480, 32Gb Ram and a 512Gb SSD.

We have tried the following:

1. Un-installed Zoom, restarted device and then downloaded and re-installed.

2. Un-installed Zoom using the "Zoom Full Uninstaller" tool as per your website and re-started device, re-installed Zoom after re-downloading the latest release.

3. Clearing all Zoom Cookies and Cached data from the web-browser.

Unfortunately none of these have resolved the issue for this user and they are having no end of issues joining meetings setup with Zoom, as it is taking an extremely long time to connect.

I can confirm that the user is logged in to the desktop app and they are able to Open the settings, check for updates, view the calendar without any issues or delays.

Any advise or assistance with resolving this would be great!

2 REPLIES 2

juho1
Newcomer
Newcomer

having the exact same problem and this makes zoom impossible to use please check on this problem

also I cannot go to settings (doesn't work) looks like it is an issue with the zoom client

juho1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I got to resolve this issue by my own. So I want to share how I got to fix it

I also use a Thinkpad ryzen laptop

I noticed that the camera of my laptop was not working properly. (though my IR camera is working)
I rollback the camera driver (via DeviceManager) and reboot

The camera works well. and the issue above was fixed

hope this will help you too.