Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Recordings

michaeljwendel
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, 

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I am having with Zoom recordings. I do not have a paid for account, and I get sent recordings of meetings that I'm not able to view. Whenever I click on "View Detail" on a cloud recording, it says "Unable you have not enabled Cloud Recording." I've tried to look up youtube videos on this and nothing is helping or can seem to figure out why I'm having this problem. Other people who get sent the same recordings are able to listen to them and they don't have a paid for account either. If anyone has any idea why this is I'd appreciate any feedback you give me. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @michaeljwendel.

I’m not sure where the “View Detail” link appears. Normally the link that you are sent by the Meeting owner is a link that directly enables you to view the recording – possibly also requiring a Passcode for security. If you can provide a bit more information about where you’re clicking, I might be able to provide some additional guidance. 

The type of account you have should not affect your ability to view the Cloud recordings of others, provided they have set up the access permission properly. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Actually, I figured out what I was doing wrong. You mentioned you didn't know what view detail meant and I realized I was clicking on the wrong link to view the recording. All is good! Thank you