cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Background Blur and backgrounds not working

joela123
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a newer core Ultra laptop (Core Ultra 5 135u) on Win 11, and Zoom v5.16.2

For some reason blurred background and other meeting backgrounds are 'not available on my device'

Is this due to lack of support for newer Core Ultra CPUs, or is there likely some other issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

IIRC, Zoom whitelists processors for background replacement (rather than blacklisting incompatible ones), so it's possible that they don't have this model whitelisted yet.

However, 5.16.2 is a fairly old release as of today - can you confirm that there's still no support for your CPU/APU when running latest (6.0.11/6.0.10)?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko

IIRC, Zoom whitelists processors for background replacement (rather than blacklisting incompatible ones), so it's possible that they don't have this model whitelisted yet.

However, 5.16.2 is a fairly old release as of today - can you confirm that there's still no support for your CPU/APU when running latest (6.0.11/6.0.10)?

joela123
Newcomer
Newcomer

Installing the latest version worked, thank you. I was having issues with the .exe installer automatically closing, the .msi installer worked, however.

Thank you!