cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Automatically Starting On Own Even Though Start with Windows is Unchecked

svUltreia
Newcomer
Newcomer

How do I disable Zoom from running the background and/or starting on its own?

I have unchecked the box "Start Zoom Workplace When I Start Windows", and even looked through my Task Manager to make sure a Zoom process is not running.

Nonetheless, Zoom continually pops up each morning I open my PC.

What am I missing? If I can't fix this, I'll just plan to uninstall.

3 REPLIES 3

SerebraSana
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, I have the same problem. It's starting with Windows and I only just noticed it now by accident, because, for me, having unchecked the "start with Windows" box, I wasn't expecting to see it launching by itself. I was forced to upgrade this week and Zoom is really showing its true, evil colors now. The geniuses also removed the possibility to actually close the programme when we hit "close". And best of all, it installs itself in the obscure AppData area. 

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exew

More spyware masquerading as a useful communication tool. Nice job, guys!

SerebraSana
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, I have the same problem. It's starting with Windows and I only just noticed it now by accident, because, for me, having unchecked the "Start with Windows" box, I wasn't expecting to see it launching by itself. I was forced to upgrade this week and Zoom is really showing its true, evil colours now. The geniuses even removed the possibility to actually close the programme when we hit "close". And best of all, it installs itself into an obscure AppData folder. This is just spyware masquerading as a communications tool.

svUltreia
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yep, I have now uninstalled the app from my machine and will just use the browser for Zoom meetings until they enable users to not have the app run in the background and be impossible to close. I agree... this is spyware/malware behavior.