cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the Meetings tab in the Zoom Workspace upgrade?

catester
Participant
Participant

Earlier this week Zoom upgraded my Windows 11 app to the Zoom Workspace app, then updated the upgrade. Currently running Version: 6.0.3 (37634).

Before all this, there was a tab or something I could use to see my upcoming meetings. I could go to a scheduled meeting, make a copy of the invitation, and distribute it. How do I do that now? I don't see a Meetings tab. I see a Calendar, but that links to my Google Calendar which shows all my appointments, most of which are not Zoom meetings.

Not ideal, but OK, I guess I can scroll until I find the meeting, and when I do that and open it up, there's an invitation there, but it doesn't include THE DATE AND TIME. You have to click on the hamburger menu and choose Copy Invite to get this info in the way that it took about 3 clicks to get it last week.

Is there still a way to see my upcoming meetings and easily copy the invite, or what am I missing?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

CarlaA
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi there @catester thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

In your settings: https://zoom.us/profile/setting, you can disable the Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs. This will add a Meetings tab to your navigation. 

CarlaA_0-1714428116461.jpeg

Let me know if that helps!

EDITED: SEPTEMBER 19, 2024

The setting for merging the Meetings and Calendar tabs was removed from the Web portal on September 16, 2024. For Zoom Workplace app version 6.2.0 and higher, the tabs are now permanently merged to enhance visibility of calendar views and meeting details. More details on this change are available in our support article: Using the merged Meetings and Calendar tabs.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

Yes! Thank you. I had to close and reopen the app, and that restored the Meetings tab. I appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

CarlaA

Hi there @catester thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community!

In your settings: https://zoom.us/profile/setting, you can disable the Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs. This will add a Meetings tab to your navigation. 

CarlaA_0-1714428116461.jpeg

Let me know if that helps!

EDITED: SEPTEMBER 19, 2024

The setting for merging the Meetings and Calendar tabs was removed from the Web portal on September 16, 2024. For Zoom Workplace app version 6.2.0 and higher, the tabs are now permanently merged to enhance visibility of calendar views and meeting details. More details on this change are available in our support article: Using the merged Meetings and Calendar tabs.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Yes! Thank you. I had to close and reopen the app, and that restored the Meetings tab. I appreciate your help.

THANK YOU!!! This saved me - I looked all over, chatted with support, and still couldn't figure out the solution. Shame the merge feature is the default with the update. I appreciate your response to the question - that saved a lot of trouble!

I wasted so much time trying to figure it out. It is amazing how zoom made it so inconvenient.

Hi @CarlaA,
Thanks for this - we have 3 licences on our Zoom account. All have the 'Merge Meeting & Calendar tabs' feature disabled, however, the main admin account doesn't have the 'Meeting' tab on the desktop app, but the two other accounts do. I've updated the desktop app to 6.1.10, 'Quit Zoom Workplace' and re-started it, and signed out of the account that doesn't have the Meeting tab and signed back in, but it still isn't there (not even on the 3-dot expanded menu). Is there anything else I can try, please?
Thanks!

Hi Carla,

I do not have the Merge Meetings and Calendar tabs item in my settings. I'm using Zoom Workplace. How do I re-enable my meeting tab?

Same here - this morning, users Signing in to our account have Calendar view only...no meetings tab and no setting to merge. 

This has happened to us as well. 

That means that all of the meetings that have been set up as Ad Hoc meetings - for use on-demand - are no longer accessible in Zoom Workplace.

This was a very problematic change for us. I can see them online under https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming in a browser, but if I'm in the zoom workplace app, I can't seem to see them anywhere. There doesn't seem to be a settings option for unmerging.

Does anyone have a solution for visibilizing these meetings in the app yet?

As far as I can see, the "merge meetings and calendar tab" slider is no longer present in settings. Help?

Where is this located now?  I don't use zoom for scheduling and need to be able to grab invite fast for meetings. 

At the moment it appears you have to go to the web interface to access scheduled meeting details.

My words are my own and do not represent anyone or anything else.

Thank you.  Yes, only exists now in Settings>My Meetings> Personal Room.

(this is very inconvenient)

That setting doesn't exist for me, either where @CarlaA says it does or where you are pointing us to. It's incredibly frustrating to me that Zoom would make such a hamhanded update without any clear way to restore the previous Meetings tab view.

It's frankly a perfect example of what Cory Doctorw has called the "ens--ttifcation" endemic in our current technology landscape. Can we please get a resolution posted that actually works?

https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming

That's where I found it. Many of the instructions in this thread are unhelpful to me - I don't have a "My Meetings" link, but rather a "Meetings" link where this url points.

@cdenby We're not talking about the web interface, we're talking about the desktop application.

I understand this. And I know we want to have our meeting list available in the app. 

But there was discussion about where to find them and the navigation we're left with is to go to the webpage. That's why I shared the link.

Rojask
Explorer
Explorer

Same here - no way to get out of the calendar view and like David, Jenny, and Chris, I have no option of a merge to turn off.  @CarlaA can you please provide a solution to get back to the list view of all upcoming meetings and disable the calendar

Khirschmann
Participant
Participant

I'm having the same issue.  I had the tab yesterday, but not today.

zoomuser1701

agreed, please bring it back.

ChrisLunde240
Explorer
Explorer

Update to this - We have escalated to our CSM and Zoom Support. The ability to Merge Meeting & Calendar tabs setting is now added back to our account. We have disabled > pending Sign Out/In from the user > the calendar tab is now gone and replaced back to normal Meetings tab. 

Recommend reaching out your Zoom CSM to escalate for your account. 

That's great, but I'm on an enterprise account.  I'm not an administrator.

CarlaA

Hello Zoom Community members! My apologies for the delay in response. 

The setting for merging the Meetings and Calendar tabs was removed from the Web portal on September 16, 2024. For Zoom Workplace app version 6.2.0 and higher, the tabs are now permanently merged to enhance visibility of calendar views and meeting details. More details on this change are available in our support article: Using the merged Meetings and Calendar tabs. Using the "Agenda" option will provide a view that is more similar to the previous Meetings view, rather than a full calendar view

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 12.57.25 PM.png

If you would like to submit a feature request regarding the Calendar view, you can do so using the Give Feedback tab within the Zoom client.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

If I'm not mistaken, that does not work for meeting setups that are not attached to a calendar event. 

Unless I'm missing some instruction, the agenda dropdown only shows scheduled meetings. 

We use zoom (and have since the start) with quite a few standing ad hoc meetings that are not associated to a calendar at all.

So this merge of calendar and meetings has killed all of those links from the app.

The recurring meetings appear below the calendar.  However, this merged view is far more complicated than what we had previously.  I appreciate Zoom's attempts at condensing the number of tabs, but if you are going to make the user interface more complicated then you are not doing your user's any justice.  And don't give us this BS about requesting features for the calendar view.  We've been telling you for nearly two years that your broke the original sound by default functionality and we keep hearing promises that you'll fix it but nothing has materialized.  If you are going to make decisions without user input and then not listen to your users when they complain that your decisions make using the tool harder, don't be surprised when they look for alternatives.

Ah! that's the instruction I was missing. They are collapsed and very small at the bottom of the window. Previously they were front-and-centre.

Not ideal that they are hidden away like that, but it's good that they are accessible.

Thanks