cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching a movie

Kaydee
Newcomer
Newcomer

I used to be able to watch a disney plus movie with my client. I got a new computer recently and now my client can see the movie I'm sharing, but when I hit play his screen goes black. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Kaydee.

Can you provide some details of your new machine?  Windows, Mac, Linux, or other?  What operating system/version?  Manufacturer and model number of the machine?  There is likely some operating system or hardware configuration issue.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

christopherjoll
Newcomer
Newcomer

I completely understand the frustration you're experiencing with the Disney Plus movie sharing on your new computer. It can be quite perplexing when technology doesn't cooperate as expected. Let's delve into a few potential solutions to address the issue you're facing.

Firstly, it's crucial to ensure that both you and your client have the latest version of the Disney Plus app installed on your respective devices. Sometimes, compatibility issues arise if one of the parties is using an outdated version. Updating the app might resolve any bugs or glitches causing the black screen problem.

Additionally, check if your internet connection is stable on both ends. A poor internet connection can result in streaming issues, leading to a black screen. If possible, try using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi to enhance the stability of your internet connection.

Now, considering you mentioned your new computer, it's worth confirming whether your system meets the necessary requirements for streaming Disney Plus content. Ensure that your graphics card and other hardware components are up to par with the app's specifications.

In terms of the Loklok app, it's an intriguing concept that allows users to share their screens with others in real-time. While Loklok may not directly address the Disney Plus issue, it could provide an alternative means of watching content together. You could explore using Loklok to share your screen during movie sessions, and see if this circumvents the black screen problem you're encountering with Disney Plus.

If the issue persists, reaching out to Disney Plus customer support can be beneficial. They may have specific insights into the problem and can guide you through troubleshooting steps tailored to the Disney Plus platform.

In summary, ensure that both Disney Plus apps are up to date, double-check your internet connection, verify your computer's specifications, and consider using Loklok as an alternative means of sharing your screen. If all else fails, don't hesitate to contact Disney Plus support for personalized countries. I hope these suggestions help you overcome the black screen issue and make your movie-watching experience enjoyable once again

saniaa
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ensure both you and your client have the latest Disney+ app version. Outdated software can cause compatibility issues.