cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background option

AnneMD726
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having some difficulty being able to see the option for virtual background on my cell phone. Able to see this option on my laptop. The only thing different that I've done is I changed my cell phone.  Any ideas

5 REPLIES 5

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @AnneMD726,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

Kindly check the Zoom Virtual Background system requirements and see if your phone and app have met the minimum requirements to run the virtual background.

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ok. I will make sure , Its a new phone so I am guessing it does have these features.

I have a  Galaxy A15 5G. Interesting enough my old phone used to also work with the virtual background but now doesn't That phone is Motorolla G 5G 

MGSR

Thank you for the response @AnneMD726, if you're using a Samsung phone, kindly go to Settings > Advanced Features > toggle Video Call Effects. Let me know if this helps.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

MGSR

Hi @AnneMD726!

Did you see the previous response?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press Accept as Solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hi,

I’m encountering the same issue following a recent system update. My device now indicates that it doesn't support virtual backgrounds, even though I was able to use this feature just yesterday. I’m using a Microsoft Surface with the following processor details: Snapdragon(R) X 10-core X1P64100 @ 3.40 GHz 3.42 GHz. According to the list you provided, my device should be compatible.

Could you please advise on what might have changed and how I can resolve this?

Thank you.