cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an extra microphone on an iPad

Pam123
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am trying to use an external microphone in a classroom setting on an iPad. The microphone enabled those on ZOOM to better hear the classroom discussion, but those on ZOOM were not able to join in the classroom discussion. Is there a way both to boost the voices in the classroom and for those on line, on ZOOM to participate? The microphone is plugged into the earphone jack.

1 REPLY 1

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

As an audio engineer I understand how complex audio can be to properly configure. So to properly do audio on the iPad I would recommend spending some money to obtain the AMS 24 audio interface made by Zoom (not this Zoom) (https://zoomcorp.com/en/us/audio-interface/audio-interfaces/ams-series/). This will permit the use of professional mics such as cardiod boundary mics or other directional mics and the use of carefully placed speakers to avoid feedback to the mics for audio from the Zoom participants. This device requires a lightning or USB-C connector on the iPad.

As a cheap alternative, every student could use their mobile device as a way to listen to the participants by using the Zoom client app on their device along with earphones to avoid feedback.