cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded Virtual Background Poor and Pixelated Quality

LindsMary
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having a few issues with the quality of an uploaded virtual background. I have double-checked that I meet the system requirements, tried the suggested dimensions, and ensured a high-quality download. But regardless of this, the background appears blurry and pixelated. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any improvement suggestions? 

13 REPLIES 13

AaronO
Explorer
Explorer

Hi LindsMary,

What are you system specs? It may be, if you are just barely meeting the system specifications, it won't be the highest quality. Can you send a screenshot of the bad quality virtual background? Make sure to only screenshot the section of the screen that doesn't show you or anyone else. 
Is your image size 1920x1080? You may also try adjusting your display settings to a different resolution to see if that fixes the issue.

LindsMary
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Aaron, thank you for the response. I have attached the specs as well as the screenshot.  The image is 1920x1080, yes. 

Samtsull
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi! @LindsMary were you able to resolve this? I'm having the same issue. The rest of my background image seems fine but the logo is very pixelated. I'm a graphic designer, so I know the logo is linked properly and the resolution is correct. The jpg image I uploaded is not pixelated so Zoom is doing something to the image. 

domenicadh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi @Samtsull were you able to resolve this? I'm having the exact same issue.

Samtsull
Newcomer
Newcomer

@domenicadh Nope 😕 Would love some help here!

Kaleigh_Sav
Newcomer
Newcomer

@LindsMary Did you ever resolve this issue? Having the same issues. I'm a designer and know my specs are correct and the file is high-quality. DIsplays well on any other platform, but displays poorly on Zoom. 

nora4
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am also having the same issue. Was there ever any solution?

When I used the desktop app the backgrounds were clear, but not when joining from the browser. Not a solution, but an observation.  

Thanks for the insight, I'm noticing it in the desktop app. Could be that it's worse from the browser.

ZoeMA
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue—also a graphic designer, specs are correct and high quality. Any suggestions?

JUST FIGURED it out. Make sure the "HD" box is checked under your video settings!

Already tried that-- I wish it worked for me. Glad it did the trick for you though!

I believe Zoom auto compresses/downgrades image quality for high resolution images to reduce bandwidth during video calls. Unfortunately, there might not be a solution for this problem. I'd recommend contacting Zoom support directly to see if they can give you any information on max resolutions to avoid compression.