cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade info for a Zoom Reunion meeting

ShelN
Explorer
Explorer

I am a Zoom user, planning to upgrade to premium next month so I can host a high school social club reunion. We are all in our mid-eighties and many will need help to upgrade their Zoom software.

I have made the upgrade on my PC. I attach a HDMI cord from my PC to a TV in another room for an exercise glass. Previously, the PC automatically transferred the video and sound to the TV. Now only the video is seen and no sound comes through.

I need help here.

The big issue is for my club brothers. I need to send them step-by-step, detailed instructions (PC and MAC) to upgrade their software and test it. I will schedule a test before our scheduled meeting, which is on September 22nd.

I’m hoping for a prompt reply. Thank you very much.

ShelN

9 REPLIES 9

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@ShelN - When you click on the up arrow by the audio in the lower left corner of the Zoom client, what does it show as the speakers?

I’m away from the computer and will reply when I join a Zoom meeting later today.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

When I connect to a Zoom meeting on my computer I see:

• Audials Sound Capturing
  • Speakers (Realtek High Definition...) which is highlighted. Sound comes from the Computer.

When I HDMI cable to my TV in another room I see:

• Audial Sound Capturing... 
  • SAMSUNG (Intel Display Audio) which is highlighted. No sound comes from the TV or Computer. (Volume is up on TV)
  • Speakers (Realtek High Definition...)

Before new installation of Zoom, audio switched automatically to TV when I connected with cable.

I hope this is clear. Thank you helping me.

Shel

colegs

It sounds like it is trying to send the audio automatically to the TV since it has selected that for your speakers.  I would make sure the audio is still on for the computer, and try the audio test to see if you can hear the test sounds out of the TV.  I am not sure if the TV has an audio input selection, but you will also want to make sure that is also listening to the HDMI Port.  If everything says it is playing on and listening to the HDMI cable, then it is possible the HDMI cable when bad.

Thank you for your response... I've been traveling and can answer now.

The correct HDMI port is selected. I did an Audio test from the computer with Samsung TV Audio selected and heard the sound from the TV. I uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom and am still having the problem.  Is there a setting(s) in Zoom that I can check?

Thank you,

Sheldon

colegs

If you can run the Zoom Audio test and hear it, but cannot hear the audio when you are in a meeting, I am at a loss for why one would work and the other would not since they are using the same logic.

I want to thank you for all your help. I'm not up on all this. I connected the TV, found the Zoom audio menu, chose it, and tested it. It worked. When I unplug the TV it
reverts to computer audio. I double-checked it and it works perfectly.
Thank you again for your patience.
Best regards,
Shel

colegs

I am afraid that if everything works in a controlled "test", there is not much I can do.  Obviously the cable is working, and Zoom can detect the TV when manually testing the audio, so the environment works.  If you are double checking the Zoom audio connection once you start the meeting to make sure it still says it is going to the TV, I don't have any information on why it would not be playing audio to that device.  

Everything is now working properly, exactly as I wanted it. 

I appreciate your patience and the help you have given me.

Shel