cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Zoom version without IT support

Akalith
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been using Zoom for perhaps 20 years, both as a participant, and someone creating Zoom meetings. I have the Chrome extension. I have a Personal Meeting ID and a Host Key. When logging onto a Zoom session today, Zoom told me, via a dialog box, that it could not allow me to access my laptop's microphone unless I downloaded the latest version of Zoom. I participated in the meeting being able to see and hear the other participants, but I had to call in to be heard. That has never happened before. When I tried to download the latest Zoom for Windows, I got an error message, saying I had to get my IT folks to get me the download. I have not had IT folks supporting me since 2010, when I retired. I work alone, and have the free version of Zoom. I created a support ticket, and got back an automated email saying my case is closed, because Zoom could not find my account. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can get out of this unhelpful loop at Zoom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @Akalith 

Welcome to the Zoom Community.  We're glad to have you here

We're sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.

If you encounter the prompt to update, with the added clarification of "Please contact your IT team to update your app”, you likely do not have the necessary permissions to update the app yourself or have installed a version that requires IT assistance. 

However, if your device is not managed by a business or school but you are receiving this error, then it is recommended to completely uninstall Zoom and then reinstall the application.

You may check out this article for further information.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

simondavis
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same problem & I am a paid client - but it says i dont pay for support - so i am stuck not being able to host videos atm . Keeps telling me I need to see my IT team ( which i dont have one) 
Just as frustrated as you are  currently & cant find any help

Craigeast
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem. 

I have been a paying customer for over 3 years, and am the Administrator.   I have not figured out on how to talk with a Life Agent.

MGSR

Hello @Akalith 

Welcome to the Zoom Community.  We're glad to have you here

We're sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.

If you encounter the prompt to update, with the added clarification of "Please contact your IT team to update your app”, you likely do not have the necessary permissions to update the app yourself or have installed a version that requires IT assistance. 

However, if your device is not managed by a business or school but you are receiving this error, then it is recommended to completely uninstall Zoom and then reinstall the application.

You may check out this article for further information.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

MGSR

Hi @Akalith!

Did you see the previous response?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press the Accept as Solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team

MGSR

Hi @Akalith!

Given the time elapsed since we last heard from you, I've taken the liberty of marking the provided answer as the solution.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a fantastic day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team