cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Cloud Recording Issues – A Plea from a Deaf Professional!

calummedlock
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am at my wit's end, and I desperately hope this message finds the attention it urgently needs.

As a Deaf professional, communication is paramount for me. Zoom's gallery view serves as a critical lifeline, allowing me to see everyone and interpret their signing, ensuring no detail is missed. It's not just about convenience, but also about equality and inclusivity. For individuals like me, having reliable technology that accurately records meetings is not just a feature—it's an absolute necessity.

However, I am dumbfounded and genuinely frustrated. Why, every single time I record a session, despite ENSURING that I've set everything to gallery view (yes, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!), does the cloud recording ONLY show me? It’s not an occasional glitch, but a persistent issue, and I’ve lost COUNTLESS hours of work and valuable interactions because of this.

I cannot emphasize enough how vital it is to address this problem. The ramifications go beyond the inconvenience—it affects my professional standing, relationships, and efficiency.

Zoom is an industry leader. It's bewildering how such a persistent and impactful issue hasn't been tackled yet. I implore the developers and the management to take this seriously. Many professionals, especially those in the Deaf and hard of hearing community, rely heavily on your platform. Please do right by us.

1 REPLY 1

VA

Hi @calummedlock and welcome to the Zoom Community. I'm very sorry for the frustration and lost time this is causing you. Please try the troubleshooting step described at Unable to record my interviews in gallery view and let me know if this does not resolve the issue for you.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?