cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit meeting settings in Outlook

kenny-fitz
Newcomer
Newcomer

When using the Zoom for Outlook add-in, it seems that I can only update the settings of meetings that were created using the add-in directly. Meetings created through the Zoom desktop app, the Zoom web app, and the Zoom API do not seem to be recognized by the add-in.

Steps to replicate:

• Create a meeting using the Zoom desktop app
  • Import the event into your Outlook calendar
  • Edit the event in Outlook
  • Open the pane to edit Zoom settings
  • Instead of being able to edit the settings for the meeting in the event, it only allows you to create a new meeting

I've checked that the host_id of this event is the same as the account I'm logged into on Outlook.

I've also tried patching the event to change the calendar_type setting to 1 (to indicate that the meeting is an Outlook add-in meeting). The patch is successful, but the event still cannot have the settings changed in Outlook.

Is there anything I can do to allow the add-in to update the settings for meetings created outside of the add-in?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lynn895
Explorer
Explorer

This comes down to the Outlook plugin only handling meetings created via the plugin vs natively in the desktop app or via API. You could make any updates manually on your Outlook calendar. There is a marketplace app, Salepager, for scheduling Zoom meetings that integrates both Outlook and your Zoom account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lynn895
Explorer
Explorer

This comes down to the Outlook plugin only handling meetings created via the plugin vs natively in the desktop app or via API. You could make any updates manually on your Outlook calendar. There is a marketplace app, Salepager, for scheduling Zoom meetings that integrates both Outlook and your Zoom account.

That's unfortunate that the Outlook plugin has this limitation. Thanks for confirming!