cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with audio when watching/listening to video and audio clips in meetings

EricHG

I've been having an issue with my Zoom meetings ever since moving to a new laptop.

When I am in a meeting and someone else is playing a video or audio clip via shared screen, I can only hear the faintest (and loudest) parts of the video.  For example, if it's a song clip, I can hear parts of the vocals fade in and out but none of the accompanying music.  Nobody else in the meeting seems to have this issue.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Zoom program, and have tried fiddling with every single one of the sound issues, with no luck.  Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ros5

I have the same problem. I have a violin teacher who has two microphones, one for playing in and one for speaking in. I can only hear speech not the playing. The mikes are close enough together that I ought to be able to hear when she's playing even if not through her second mike. How can I increase the sensitivity of the pickup? I have obviously looked at settings both in Zoom and on my Windows laptop while things are in progress but nothing seems to make a difference.

EricHG

This sounds like my issue as well.  I co-teach a musical theatre/Sondheim course on Zoom and ever since switching laptops, whenever anyone plays a video clip, as I said, I can hear most of the vocals but not the accompanying music (and even the vocals fade in and out.)  No one else on the Zoom class has this issue at all, and I don't have similar sound issues in any other program (and didn't used to have these issues on a previous laptop.)  I have, with the help of several friends, tried adjusting every single audio setting on Zoom and on my computer that I can find, with no luck.