cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer app sounds - changing the sound

jod999
Explorer
Explorer

Has anyone worked out how to change the sound in the Timer App in Zoom? 

Zoom has updated the Timer App, and (according toTimer app sounds ) the sound is plays can now be changed. The default sound has certainly changed. 

I want to change it back to the previous default sound, but can't work out how. Just wondered if anyone else had worked out how to change the sound that the Timer app plays. To be specific, I want to change the sound that plays when the timer counts down to zero. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is an arrow down next to the sound off/sound on toggle on the lower left.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hendrik_cor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Similar issue here. Only able to change the sound in a meeting, not a webinar.

I couldn't even work out how to do that, Hendrick. How do you change the sound in a meeting? 

squirrel_utopia
Newcomer
Newcomer

You can change the sound in the timer app by clicking the volume icon at the bottom left corner of the timer app rectangle on your screen. (There was no volume icon on the timer app in the past; it's new.) A pull-down menu with appear with all the different sound options. Click a new option and hit "save". The default sound for the Timer App used to be a beep, and is now "And the Winner Is," an Academy Award-type send-off orchestral music mini-clip. It's really weird when a serious topic is being discussed in a Zoom meeting for this Academy Awards music to play. Participants inevitably make jokes about how they're winning an award. While it lightens the mood, it may derail the topic of conversation.

At the bottom of the pull down menu for sounds in the Timer App is the old-fashioned "beep". I  changed the sound back to the beep, since all the other sound options are teeny pieces of music that may interrupt the flow of the meeting just like the Academy Award music does.

This only works with each individual user. Is there a way a host can globally change the sound? Alos, all the other sounds are annoying when we do rounds of introductions of 20 people or more. They are also long. The only short one is the beep and it is quiet and barely audible.

Would also like to know if I can change it globally or if it has to be done in every meeting....seems to keep reverting back to the new sound, and I just want a simple beep.

Thanks, @squirrel_utopia. I'm on a Mac, and it looks like the interface is different for me, as I don't have a volume icon that I can interact with. I'll keep looking. 

There is an arrow down next to the sound off/sound on toggle on the lower left.

Thanks, @Bektecha.

That fixed it for me. Ta. 

Jonathan 

There is no drop down menu on mobile devices