cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The webcam camera blinks

minjiseo910426
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using a MacBook running macOS 14.4 and using it with a large external monitor. I have a webcam installed on my monitor. For the past month, my screen has been turning itself off during Zoom meetings (going into video hiding mode). Additionally, for the last few days, the webcam camera has been blinking, so I cannot use it.  

I found two notable observations: 1) This issue does not occur when using other video conferencing programs.

2) This problem does not occur when using Zoom with the MacBook's built-in camera. 

I should I solve this problem?  

5 REPLIES 5

MDMD
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a very similar problem with flickering on my Logitech webcam, not on the built-in and not on Google Meet.

JessicaMI
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same problem and have tried everything I can to fix it. I've reloaded Zoom several times and tried different external cameras and dongles, all to no effect. Have you or others had any luck? 

liagolledge
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi I experience the same with Logitech webcam. I thought it's my cam, so I bought a new webcam from Facecam. Initially it was ok but then it's suddenly blinking. Have any of you find solution? 

So I check that when I open Camera Hub and change the frames to 1080p60 or 720p60 it stops the flicker/blinks. But I need to keep opening the Camera Hub app while using Zoom which is annoying but it does the trick 

JessicaMI
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, I haven't found a solution! Right now I'm just using my laptop without an external camera and switching my screen and laptop around every time I have a meeting. It's infuriating!