cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The inexplicable disappearance of recurring meetings: a kludge to solve it

LnzMrt
Participant
Participant

I use "no fixed time" recurring meetings for my lessons. I have over 40, neatly arranged in alphabetical order.

It used to be simple to set this type of meeting up, but Zoom, in their desire to make things ever more convoluted, relegated the option to set up this type of meetings from the web, so now, instead of 30 seconds from the app, as it was before, takes me over 5 minutes to set up a new meeting from the web (and of course, editing no fixed time recurring meetings from the app totally messes them up).

In their endeavour to break what was working fine, they also all but hid all recurring meetings from the app, placing them under layers and layers of buttons, so that we can waste our time hunting them in calendars that we don’t use.

In my irredeemable contrariness, I discovered that one can install a previous version of the app, where recurring meetings were still easily visible (version 6.1.12 46889 was the last one that did that), and untick the "automatic update" check box.

Until Zoom’s internal Department for Complicating Simple Things and Breaking What Works discovers this, and makes it impossible again, I can now access my recurring meetings without faffing about.

0 REPLIES 0