cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming volume

Bob_LC
Newcomer
Newcomer

I use Zoom for teaching and often need to stream audio from my computer. Although both myself and the participant can hear each other perfectly the audio (either audio or audio from video) is very faint and the participant has problems hearing. I have all my audio settings set to max, I have used Pot Player (volume set to max) and VLC (audio set to 125%) and it makes no difference.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Zoom, (I  think  this is the same version as I had before). The problems have only occurred since I reinstalled my operating system at the weekend. The new version seems to be Zoom Workplace whereas before I was using Zoom Meetings, an upgrade?

I am on the free plan as my lessons are only 30 minutes long

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thank you

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bob_LC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you, I think I have resolved the problem. I went into advanced settings for the sound and set the volume and output sound source for the apps I was using and now I can stream from my computer to my students. FYI I use fxsound to boost the sound output as I find the normal Windows output very weak!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Playback audio is controlled by your operating system, which has a master volume and volume controls for each application. Most likely your master volume is too low. For future presentations consider using OBS Studio which can significantly boost weak audio recordings (as much as 26 dB) and offers much better ways to mange all kinds of content. With an NDI plugin it can send audio and/or video to Zoom using the Zoom mic input rather than using screen sharing and can even mix your mic with other audio.

I have played with a few of the settings but need to try them out. If I can't resolve this, I will be switching to Voov which is almost identical but without the problem!

windoverwater
Newcomer
Newcomer

This just started happening to me as well - it has been fine up until now.  Ditto on the Zoom Workspace monicker.  However, enabling and disabling musician sound, it can magically start to work (but it is hard to repeat the sequence).  But touching almost any of the zoom audio settings once it is working sets it back to faint mode.

Bob_LC
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using Voov at the moment until I can get it sorted out.

Bob_LC
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you, I think I have resolved the problem. I went into advanced settings for the sound and set the volume and output sound source for the apps I was using and now I can stream from my computer to my students. FYI I use fxsound to boost the sound output as I find the normal Windows output very weak!