cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlighting yourself during a recording but also being able to view attendees during a yoga class

DRMELANIE
Newcomer
Newcomer

I want to record a yoga class and only spotlight myself on the recording so there is no problem with data protection issue.  However I need to view everyone on the screen during the live class so I can correct their posture if required and for health and safety reasons.

Currently if I pin myself that only records myself which is what I want. However it makes the other people on the zoom show as very small boxes at the top of the screen and I cannot see them properly. 

Any suggestions to solve this are welcome 

thanks in anticipation

Melanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@DRMELANIE , sorry for the delay, my day job got in the way and I wanted to test this before I suggested anything.  What I found was (assuming you have a paid account) that if you check the box in Recording Settings to record speaker view separately, you can record to the cloud and spotlight yourself, but then click on 'Gallery View'' in your recording options and you should be able to see everyone on your computer, but they will only see you (and the recording should only have you).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

colegs

@DRMELANIE - Do you have access to a second screen so you can have the participants on 1 screen and the speaker on the other?

DRMELANIE
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello I don't at present have access to a 2nd screen... is that the only way I can make it work for me in this case so I can record just myself and see my class?

I am using an imac at present.

DRMELANIE
Newcomer
Newcomer

Please can I get a response? Thanks in anticipation

colegs

@DRMELANIE , sorry for the delay, my day job got in the way and I wanted to test this before I suggested anything.  What I found was (assuming you have a paid account) that if you check the box in Recording Settings to record speaker view separately, you can record to the cloud and spotlight yourself, but then click on 'Gallery View'' in your recording options and you should be able to see everyone on your computer, but they will only see you (and the recording should only have you).

DRMELANIE
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you very much for your help it is much appreciated