cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying attendees when scheduling a meeting

jameslsnell
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm creating a meeting. I pasted the attendee emails into the Attendees box and pressed Enter per the instructions, but only the first one shows in the box. Then when I went to Edit, there was no list of attendees at all. How do I see the full list of attendees?

Suggestions: On the page for creating a meeting, make the Attendees box behave like a normal text box, so when the user pastes a set of email addresses, they all show in the box. And on the Edit page, include the list of attendees!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @jameslsnell.

Zoom has this specific user interface in several places.  When you enter the first email address, if it is an external user (someone not on the same organizational account as you) it will show you the email address in a box down below (yellow highlight).  You can press Enter or click the box (green arrow) to finish entering that Attendee:

Ray_Harwood_0-1723754531391.png

If the email address begins to match an internal Attendee (someone on your organizational account -- assuming you are not on your own personal account), then Zoom will match them up to one or more entries, and you can click on the one you want to add:

Ray_Harwood_1-1723754705105.png

Please note:  Zoom does NOT send emails to these Attendees inviting them to the meeting.  Zoom will list the meeting on the calendar of internal accounts only; external accounts are not notified just by typing their email address here.  The primary functionality of this box is to invite people to join the Continuous Meeting Chat, if enabled.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray – Thanks for your thorough response. However, I wasn’t asking for an explanation of this poorly designed UI feature. I was suggesting an improved design, which would let the user paste a list of email addresses into the box and edit the list, just like Outlook, Gmail, and most other email-related software on the planet. I searched for a way to communicate this suggestion to someone at Zoom who manages the UI, without success. If you know of a way to do this, please let me know. Thanks.