cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Audio

eedubya
Newcomer
Newcomer

I do music lessons via Zoom. I was trying to share my sound from my music software program in my last lesson and my instructor couldn't hear anything. I had my audio interface connected (SSL 2+) and tried choosing all the different options such as my MacBook speakers, zoom audio and my audio interface. Is there something else I can try to share my audio? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Zxi-Issues
Newcomer
Newcomer

Have you ever done it through that software before?  Because some audio apps on Mac won't play through the Zoom audio device.  Sounds like you did change some things in your system sound settings, but does the music software have a preference?  You may need to make sure either your interface or if that doesn't work, the zoom audio device as that softwares OUTPUT. 

eedubya
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks for your response! I have shared audio through the software program before. I will look into setting up zoom as the audio output in my software and see if that works. Thanks!

ClutchSound
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue. It used to work before. I have tried the same thing on my M2 laptop and get the same results. I know everything is working right in the system, because all other apps get the audio from the many sources I tried. Like Google Meet works fine. Wirecast works fine.

What does work in Zoom:
- All audio output routing to any audio card.

- The built in microphone shows deflection (meters bouncing)

What don't work is every plugged in source including:

Dante Virtual soundcard

Pro Tools aggregate I/O

Behringer Uphoria USB

UA Volt 476
OBS Virtual

Wirecast Virtual