cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing and Mouse Sharing

Shelleyhc
Newcomer
Newcomer

I  teach reading to elementary school children  and do a lot of screen sharing.   Some of my students are able to use their mouse when I share it.  I have one student who is on a laptop but I am NOT able to give her control of the mouse.   At one time she could use her mouse but not recently.  Is there something I can tell her mom to change in settings, or is there something I can change?

It is so important to have interactive  features with young students.  I find this a bit frustrating.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Shelleyhc , 

It could be a number of things causing this for this student. If we look at the client comparison chart for Give Remote Control and Annotation, there are some differences in what is possible with those features. Most likely this student has joined from the web client (Zoom running a meeting in a web browser) or the Zoom for Chromebook app. 

If their laptop is a Windows or Mac, I'd suggest they install the desktop client, which will allow them to use far more features than our other available clients. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @Shelleyhc , 

It could be a number of things causing this for this student. If we look at the client comparison chart for Give Remote Control and Annotation, there are some differences in what is possible with those features. Most likely this student has joined from the web client (Zoom running a meeting in a web browser) or the Zoom for Chromebook app. 

If their laptop is a Windows or Mac, I'd suggest they install the desktop client, which will allow them to use far more features than our other available clients.