cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen flickering partially

JoelK
Newcomer
Newcomer

Since a month or 2 ago, my external screen turns black and flickers only when I use Zoom. The Zoom video (on the external screen also) is stable. It is everything else that flickers. This tells me that is it not the screen connection.

Also my internal screen (laptop) is stable.

I use my computer a lot and it only happens with Zoom. The problem is that I can't see my notes since they keep blacking out.

I have updated to the latest version of Zoom Workplace. No improvement.

4 REPLIES 4

BR-Techtogether
Newcomer
Newcomer

Have had similar issues with client group - the active speaker / trainer content remains but the whole background flickers black.  They were all using one type of laptop Thinkpad T490 with Intel graphics.  All up to date on Zoom, drivers, etc.

JoelK
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks for the feedback. I still struggle with the problem. I seem to have the latest drivers, latest updates on everything. My internet connecting is perfect (fiber optic).  I have a Dell Inspirion 5570 with SSD. I have used Zoom for years and only have problems with it recently.

RyanMorris
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is everything good now? 

Spoiler
Is everything good now? Are you having trouble keeping up with your schoolwork? I was in the same situation until I found https://academized.com/. They offer fantastic writing services that have helped me manage my workload. Their writers are experts, and the quality of their work is outstanding. I highly recommend their services to anyone in need of academic assistance.

Thanks for asking :). It has continued a while...and then: It has not been doing it in the last few days. Yes!! I noticed that Zoom updated their software. It could be that it was a bug with the Zoom software and my specific configuration.  If that was the case, the Zoom update may have fixed the problem. I'll be watching and posting again if it comes back.